Today Seth and I celebrate twelve years of marriage so I thought it would be fun to list twelve things I love about my husband, in no certain order.
- He is different than me.
- He has good taste in music and has broadened my taste in music. For example, I probably wouldn’t know much about Switchfoot or RelientK and many other artists if it weren’t for him.
- He is a hard worker and along with that, a man of integrity.
- He sits down with me almost every morning, as we eat breakfast, and reads his Bible as I read mine. He encourages me to grow spiritually. He also prays with me each night before we go to bed.
- He likes ice cream.
- He is quick to forgive all of my shortcomings (and actually, rarely brings them up!).
- He makes me feel safe.
- He is a servant.
- He supports me in my musical endeavors. If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t have recorded an album several years ago. He saw that through and sat in the studio as I recorded each song. And when I said I thought I’d want to go to Hutchmoot, he didn’t even miss a beat or ask about cost or discourage me in any way; he said “You should go. I want you to go!”
- He is strong physically and inspires me to become stronger.
- He plays with our kids. Sometimes I get so caught up in house chores that I don’t just stop and play or read with our kids but when I see Seth take time to do this, I am reminded that they are more important than that pile of dirty dishes.
- He reminds me to enjoy life and laugh and he is good at making me laugh.
13. Okay, I had to do a BONUS item because I thought of one more thing: He takes me on adventures and inspires me to be adventurous! I have loved trying out countless new hole-in-the-wall restaurants, visiting the Grand Canyon, hiking at Red Rock, visiting L.A. and so many other places together over the years!